Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, has denied a report that he has been offered a two-year deal to take over at Paris Saint-Germain.
The British media reported on Tuesday that the French champions had approached Wenger, who is out of contract at Arsenal after this season and has yet to announce whether he is staying on or stepping down.about succeeding Unai Emery in the summer.
However, he said there was nothing to the PSG link, saying: “It is a false rumour. That is what you call fake news.
“I formally deny it. It is not true.”
The Arsenal manager also used the term “fake news” on Thursday when he rubbished reports that first-team assistant, Boro Primorac, could be leaving.
Speaking after Saturday’s 3-1 defeat at West Brom, Wenger said he knows whether he would stay or go and would make an announcement very soon.
The 67-year-old is going through one of the worst spells of his career, with Arsenal having lost four of their last five Premier League games and been beaten 10-2 on aggregate by Bayern Munich in the Champions League.
His team are in sixth place in the league, six points outside the top four.
Meanwhile, PSG’s dominance of French football in recent seasons has been challenged this year, with the club sitting three points behind leaders Monaco in Ligue 1.
They were on the receiving end of Champions League history earlier this month as Barcelona beat them 6-1 to overturn a four-goal first-leg deficit.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?