VAS Operators Demand Review of Sharing Formula with MNOs

288
Advertisements
Ad 3
0
(0)
(Last Updated On: 2016-12-09)

Nahimah Ajikanle Nurudeen

 

The Value Access Service (VAS) and Interconnect Clearing Houses have called for a review of the sharing formula between the VAS operators and mobile network operators (MNOs).

This is urgent so as to safeguard extinction of smaller but promising VAS players in the industry.

According to the Coordinator, Value Added Services, Association of Telecoms Companies of Nigeria (ATCON), Mr. Hyacinth Anucha, VAS operators just received some payments from telecoms operators, debt which they had been owing for the past two years.

Anucha who spoke at the Telecom Executive and Regulators Forum in Lagos, yesterday said the service providers deviated from the initial plan of 60 per cent to them, while 40 per cent to the operators.

He said operators now take 85 per cent leaving 15 per cent to VAS operators.

He complained bitterly about poor treatment the Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) are melting on them.

 

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Advertisements
Ad 1

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Advertisements
Ad 2

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.