The European soccer authority,Union of European Football Association( UEFA), said it was reviewing security for Wednesday’s Champions League matches and would increase it where necessary, a day after explosions hit the Borussia Dortmund team bus.
Security measures are being reviewed and would be stepped up wherever needed after Borussia Dortmund’s bus was damaged by explosions, said Uefa’s competitions director, Giorgio Marchetti said on Wednesday.
Machetti said security is Uefa’s top priority, and the organisation would work closely with police whenever matches take place.
“UEFA – in co-operation with the police, security services, stadium management and the clubs involved – is reviewing the security arrangements for tonight’s matches and security procedures will be enhanced accordingly wherever needed,” the body also said in a statement on Wednesday.
The statement added that there had been no specific intelligence regarding any threat to the matches, which include the rescheduled game between Borussia Dortmund and AS Monaco in Dortmund.
That match was called off after the blasts, which hit the vehicle on its way to stadium.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?