Fire Razes Warehouse In Lagos

5
Advertisements
0
()
(Last Updated On: 2022-06-28)

 

 

The Permanent Secretary, Lagos Emergency Management Agency, Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, on Monday, said fire has gutted a warehouse on Broad Street, in the CMS area of Victoria Island, Lagos State.

Oke-Osanyintolu confirmed the incident in a statement on Tuesday.

He stated that the fire was caused by a power surge when electricity was restored, adding that there was no casualty recorded in the incident.

Oke-Osanyintolu said, “The agency responded to the fire incident on 118 Broad Street, which was relayed to LASEMA through the toll free 112 emergency number this morning.

“On arrival at the above scene of the incident, it was discovered that a room in a warehouse where shoes are stored was gutted by fire. The fire ignited as a result of power surge when electricity was restored.

“Fortunately, there was no casualty in the incident. The agency’s response team alongside LRU fire, Lagos State Fire Service and Federal Fire Service are responders at the scene of the incident working together to put out the fire. The operation is ongoing.”

Source: Punch

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Advertisements

Average rating / 5. Vote count:

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!

Let us improve this post!

Tell us how we can improve this post?

Advertisements

Also Read  Gov Sanwo-Olu Declares Additional Holiday In Lagos

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.